Mine Research Office

Cornell Mine

The Cornell Mine was opened before 1859 on lands owned by Minerva Herbert and leased to Alexander Phyfe who mined the property. In 1885, the property was then leased to Thomas Cornell for which the mine has acquired its name. Cornell then appointed Baldwin to manage the mining operation. Very little mining was ever accomplished and in 1890, the mine was permanently closed.

Several open cuts, shafts, and an adit approximately 40 feet in length make up the mine complex. Little else is known about the operation.

Cornell Mine
Field Research
Home Mine Forum Mine Tours Mining School About Us Contact Us