Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OVCC receives GE Mine Locomotive from Black Diamond, Wa
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:34 am 

I have lots more pictures to follow but another unique project for 2009. This will be the oldest & the furthest we have gone on a preservation project. 1 week after we were in Canada we had another truck picking up a very old historic mine locomotive in Black Diamond, Washington from Palmer Coking Coal Co. . The unit just arrived yesterday from it's 2500 mile journey across the United States. SPECIAL THANKS to our member John Simon that lives in Washington & trucked it all the way back to Ohio for our group without you this project would not have gone as smooth as it did.

We are still researching the age but we are estimating to be built in 1908 making this the oldest mine locomotive in the collection of OVCC. We already have some very exciting updates soon to follow. It has not run for over 40 yrs.

Again many thanks to Palmer Coking Coal Co. for the gracious donation & understanding for mine history preservation.