Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Adit off Rt. 22 Brewster, NY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:46 pm 

we found this adit one day when we where driving around looking for the clover hill mine in somers NY, we ran into a few quad riders up on some trails, they saw the IRONMINERS decals on my jeep and told me they knew were there was a mine. so we proceeded to follow the quads in the jeep, trailblazing through the woods and driving over stone walls almost high centering the jeep! just as it was getting dark we saw a pile of tailings in an area that my maps did not indicate any mine! when we got out to look around we found this adit, the name of which is still a mystery!!

Post subject: Re: Adit off Rt. 22 Brewster, NY
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:29 am 

Might you remember if it was on the east or west side of 22? Great find! the Clover Hill mine is on butler hill road in somers. It was just open pits that turned into rusty ponds. There is still the a big ore mill building that was converted into a strange house. Very close to there I found old ore crushing equiptment where briar ct. meets the pipeline that goes over the mountain towards croton falls road

Post subject: Re: Adit off Rt. 22 Brewster, NY
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:07 am 

This adit was on the the west side of Rt22 way up on the hill up behind the indian restaurant (which I think was once a mine owners estate). There is also another adit nearby that is soil eroded but the tailing pile can still be seen.