Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: IronMiners Acquires the Blackbird Mine
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:37 am 
Site Admin

It brings me great pleasure to announce that we have recently completed the acquisition of the Blackbird Mine in northern Nevada! This gold mining property dates back to 1869 and passed through the hands of United States senator George S. Nixon (no relation to Richard), as well as mining magnate Currie Cameron who was also involved with the highly successful Baltic Copper Mine in Michigan. Plans are underway to both preserve and operate this historic mine once again!

Please feel free to check out the Blackbird Mine page which also includes additional information about our claims and its history at http://www.ironminers.com/mines/blackbird-mine/

Post subject: Re: IronMiners Acquires the Blackbird Mine
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

This was both an exciting trip and great opportunity to expand IronMiners. Although a lot of work, this was certainly fun times and a new avenue for us.

Miner Greg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:53 pm 

WOW!!!! Good luck guys. I hope you strike it rich. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:05 pm 

very nice, so when do you move out there to start operating this baby? just be careful out there joisey boyz, you may soil your pretty clothes and dirty your hands trying to work in a mine :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

We plan to be out there several times a year. The price of gold is too high to spend all year in the office. As for getting our clothes and hands dirty, we'll be sure to bring extra clothes and wear gloves. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:00 am 

nice 8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:17 pm 

Looks like an interesting project.

Let's see, Denver is 20 hours, the western slope, Utah, then Nevada.

:shock:

And I thought the drive to Pa. was long.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:50 pm 

dont worry doug, it prolly wont pan out...... hehe, get it, pan out..... haha i crack myself up. anyways, mike, you guys have the claim rights, who actually owns the land and mineral rights? do you have to pay a percentage of what you recover?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

We own the mineral rights. The government owns the land. Everything we take out is ours -- no taxes or fees.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:34 am 

noice!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:03 pm 

Chris wrote:
noice!!!
For those in the Illinois Basin that is joisey speak for:

"I'm insainly jelious but I still have my airplane."

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:08 pm 

Just saw this, this would be a dream come true for me, way to go guys! Im not sure you will turn a profit with all the expenses but who gives a crap, you pretty much own a gold mine and thats priceless to me. Nice, wish you had more photos of it, seems pretty extensive.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:23 am 

Welcome to the club! I have several mines here around northwestern arizona. Its quite the challenge working the mines but its also very exciting and fun. Somehow it just gets in your blood.

This is a picture of my newest mine. Has 7 levels. Had to dig out a couple of caveins though but the veins are quite promising. This was discovered back in 1864 and was worked for a couple of years but some miners there was killed by local indians and the mine was closed with alot of free milling gold still inside but due to the water issues it was never worked when they got down to the lower levels. Right now the lower levels are flooded so im in the process of setting up pumps down there and looking for some way of keeping the lower levels drained naturally. I estimated water output to be about 72 gallons in a 24 hour period. what ive been pondering on is maybe finding the water source down there then running piping from the water source to the outside, meaning, drilling a hole large enough to fit the pipe into the rock thats seeping the water and fitting the pipe into the hole so as the water will drain through the pipe and out of the mine instead of out INTO the mine.

This mine DOES have tracks and mine cars and stuff all through it, including a small motor barn that served this mine and another mine just on the other side of this mountain. Both mines are connected, although two different ones but have a door at the connecting tunnel at the end of the mine to mark the end of the claim and the begginning of the other mine but both mines used the same motor barn thats somewhere in my newly aquired mine although i have not been to it yet since, i think, its on one of the lower levels. I found this out by the former claimholder. The mine that this mine is connected to either IS or WAS a patent but i believe the patentholders may have sold the claim back to the government years ago since records show that the property is BLM administrative land as of current. If thats the case then i just may try and aquire that mine also, then i will have the entire mountain with both mines all through it. :D

There is some track in the picture but cannot be seen that well since i didnt throughly dig the dirt from around the track. From about where i was standing to take the picture to just before the mine entrance itself is where i pulled up all the track on the outside that runs to the tailings pile and the ore bin because im needing to replace ties then relay the track in a fashion that is suitable for the way im wanting to run my operations out there, and that is, to lay a "Y' in the track with one track going to the ore bin and crusher(once i get them installed) while the other track will dead end a short ways and will just be a storage area for the ore cars. This way i will not have ore cars sitting on my main track and i can keep them out of the way while im working the mine.

Im hoping to find a small trammer somewhere for dirt cheap or maybe as a giveway. I can REALLY use one out there as im getting a bit too old too be pushing ore cars around. :-S

Anyways, more on this later as i can get around to it.

Good luck on your new mine! :)

Dawn

Attachments:
File comment: This is the mine entrance.
Silver Mtn Mine Entrance01.JPG
Silver Mtn Mine Entrance01.JPG [ 221.78 KiB | Viewed 54516 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

We're honored to finally join the club! I suppose it was inevitable that we would eventually be working a mine but the high price of gold really made this too hard to resist.

Thanks for elaborately sharing the details about your mine. That is interesting how the two mines shared resources as they did. I wonder what the operating agreement looked like. I've read about cases where working too close together have led to numerous disagreements and much litigation. I look forward to hearing about any progress on your mine and if you are able to claim the adjoining mine!

I've read about past altercations between miners and Indians at some of the mines we've visited in the Crown King, AZ area. In those days, it could be a risky proposition to operate a mine.

Dawn, if you're looking for a trammer, I have a contact in northern California that perhaps could help you if you're willing to travel to pick it up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:32 pm 

Hi Mike,

I think i could do some talking and swing a truck out that way. How far out in CA is it?
Meanwhile, ill do some talking around the area here to see who'd be willing to make a trip out there.

Actually, now that you mentioned about local litigations happening between connected mines, i recall the prior claimholder telling me his father( him and his father had the mine back in the mid 70s but never did much with it. His father passed away and they just let the mine go void. Has been void ever since the late 70s until i just recently picked it up.) and the people that had the adjoining mine constantly giving him and his father and a worker they had LOTS of problems because the people that had the adjoining mine was trying to aquire both mines. So they was hoping they could scare him and his father into giving up the mine so they could come in and aquire it. By the time they had moved on and closed thier mine, the father died and the guy that i aquired it off of (which was his son) just let it go Before the father died he left the mine to his son but apparently he also had personal problems and that was the reason he just let the claim go void. I dont quite remember the entire story at its length but it makes damn good sense on what you're talking about. I guess i must say that would be another reason i'd like to aquire the adjoining mine. Less contreversy and litigation that way.

The trammer could even be a fixer-upper as i have the ability to do light repairs on it or fix it up so it will operate. The things i cant do to it, i have other resources here locally that can. Most electrical wiring i can do as well as light welding so if its a small battery operated type that that would be quite swell. Any repairs it would need other than that i'm sure i could have my resources do.

One other thought i have that may be worth mentioning is this... With gold prices still skyrocketing to a degree and with the economy how it is or may become, it just may become quite the thought on alot more people aquiring these old mines. Even if they have no plans on working them it may just help keep the govt agencies from wanting to come in and close them forever... and with whatever may be left in the mines still trapped in them. I figure that if everyone that could afford it could aquire a mine, they could, at least, either work on it to make it safe or just close it off until they can make it safe. This way this may keep the govt agencies happy in the mines being safe and they wouldnt be so happy to get out there and destroy them. Also, the govt cant get you for trespassing or whatnot, if you are messing around your own mines. And if you want to allow others to explore your mines then the govt cant get THEM for trespass either. :D

Dawn